Life in Tulsa
ENERGY, EXCITEMENT, CULTURE, AND DIVERSITY IN THE HEARTLAND
体育投注网址Our city may be home to nearly one million residents, but Tulsa is a small town at heart. In Tulsa, bustling night life, world-class museums, and family-friendly festivals are intertwined with short commute times, low cost of living, and a genuine spirit of hospitality and kindness. It's a city history that has evolved from the Muscogee "Locv Pokv" and "Talsi" to a booming oil town to a modern-day center of creativity and urban living that has something for everyone.
If you're looking for quality of life, look no further than Tulsa.
Explore what Tulsa has to offer
By the Numbers
Cost of living 12% below
Per capital income 11.6% higher
than national average
From hip, urban downtown abodes to historic midtown bungalows to spacious suburbs, the Tulsa area has something for everyone.
体育投注网址Tulsa's rich history began as a Native American settlement. Later, Tulsa became a booming oil town and home to "Black Wall Street." Today, Tulsa is a diverse, modern city whose past is displayed in elegant Art Deco buildings, charming Craftsman bungalows, and mid-century ranch homes.
Home to 27 different languages and thriving Native American, African American, and Hispanic communities, culture in Tulsa brings together ideas, festivals and energy from all around the world.
- 8,200 acres of park land
- 140 parks
- 180-mile system of bike and pedestrian trails
- The Gathering Place: a $465 million, 55-acre riverfront park with one of the world’s best children’s playgrounds and stunning landscape crafted by one of the nation’s leading landscape architects
Primary & Secondary Education
- Nearly 40,000 students enrolled in Tulsa Public Schools' 87 schools and charter partners
- Edison and Booker T. Washington high schools, both noted on Newsweek Magazine’s list of the top 1,000 high schools in the U.S.
- Oklahoma consistently cited as a national model for pre-K education
- Nearly all school districts offer pre-K programs with no income requirement
- 67,540 college students enrolled in a 50-mile radius of the city
- Recently placed fourth nationally in a contest to increase the number of college grads over three years
- Tulsa Achieves offers free Tulsa Community College tuition to all Tulsa County high school graduates who finish with a 2.0 or higher GPA.